Using a catheter insertion kit is a convenient way to ensure you have a safe and comfortable catheter experience. These kits contain a range of catheter supplies specific to your needs and catheter type. We offer catheter supplies from Hollister, Bard, MTG, and Coloplast. Learn more about our catheter supplies and how we can help you find the catheter insertion kit that meets your specific needs.
Catheter insertion kits/trays offer you a complete catheter solution, including all of the supplies you need for a successful self-care. Using a catheter insertion kit gives you peace-of-mind knowing that all of the catheter supplies you need are readily available and packaged in a convenient-to-use kit.
Catheter Insertion Kit Contents
A catheter insertion kit can include the following catheter supplies:
- Tray: the design is based on your catheter type.
- Gloves: typically these are non-latex and powder-free.
- Underpad: helps to absorb any leakage and keeps your skin healthy and dry.
- Lubricant: ensures easier insertion and removal. Not included with pre-lubricated catheters.
- Drape: used to cover your genitals and area between your thighs.
- Prefilled syringe: prefilled with sterile water or a saline solution. Not included with all catheter types.
- Specimen container and label: used to collect a urinary specimen when requested by your doctor.
- Swab sticks: used for cleaning your genitals.
- Forceps and rayon balls: used for cleaning your genitals.
- Graduated basin: used for urine collection, depending on your catheter type.
- Drainage bag: this can be a leg or larger bag designed for bedside, wheelchair or overnight use.
- Foley: included if you’re using a foley catheter.
- Catheter: depending on the type of catheter insertion kit, a catheter might not be included.
Aeroflow Healthcare understand that you have questions about catheter insertion kits and how to use the included catheter supplies. Call us at 844-276-5588 with any of your questions about our catheter insertion kits and catheter supplies. To help you feel more comfortable with using your catheter, watch our How to Self Catheterize videos and read about preventing urinary tract infections.
Catheter Insurance Coverage
You may be eligible to receive your catheter supplies at little-to-no cost to you through insurance. Medicare and Medicaid may pay for an allowable amount of your catheter supplies each month. North Carolina Medicaid patients are eligible to receive up to 200 intermittent catheters each month, with Medicare and most private insurances following suit.
To find out if you qualify for catheter supplies through your insurance, simply complete our Qualify Through Insurance form and one of our Patient Care Representatives will verify your insurance and contact you to discuss your coverage and catheter options.
If you or someone you know needs catheter supplies, Aeroflow Healthcare is happy to help you get exactly what you need. Give us a call today at 844-276-5588.